Saturday, February 5, 2011

Update on Some Obsessions


I was hooked on orange juice for a while. Seriously. Luckily the great blizzard of 2011 came and made it impossible for me to get to the store. Cannot buy anymore orange juice.

This blizzard became an obsession of everyone's in Columbia. At the TV station I work at, there were people who slept there for a night or two, just so everything was covered. It was pretty nuts. And, if I do say so myself, KOMU did a fantastic job of covering the storm. Similar to most things in my life, I became addicted to the newscasts and watched all of the updates. I was also completely snowed in, so it worked out well.

The snow also forced me to be upset with the plowing system in Columbia. I'm now plowed into my street where I park (because my driveway is seriously a mountain) and I have to get out of my car at least five times to shovel the snow whenever I leave or park. It's ridiculous. I just wish I could drive down my street and easily park. That's not going to happen until spring when these 17 inches of snow melt. And we're supposed to get more snow the next two days. There's no hope!

The blizzard also delayed on of my favorite things...my issue of OK! Magazine. It usually comes on Monday's, but it didn't get here until Saturday this week. How am I supposed to know that stars are wearing citrus colors? Or that 55% of people prefer Paula and Simon on American Idol over Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez? Well, that one I probably could have guessed on my own, but now I have a statistic.

Hopefully next week brings less snow, magazines on time and no orange juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment