Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dancing with the Stars

I was recently assigned a fun story.  I was worried about going to the station because I wasn't very happy with my story ideas.  They were fine ideas, but they weren't that interesting to me.  I know that I'm going to have to cover things that aren't the most exciting or interesting to me, but I always like being able to pitch a story that I know I'll enjoy doing.  

When I got to the station, I was told I'd be going "Dancing with the Stars of Mizzou."  It was an event that was raising money by getting Mizzou faculty members and some students to dance and put on a show.  

It was so much fun to be there!  I got great video of the couples dancing, and got to meet a lot of new people.  The money was going to a really good cause, which made it fun to cover.  Knowing that my story about the money going to a summer camp for children with cancer would be seen throughout Mid-Missouri was a good feeling.  

I got back to the station to edit and write.  I felt a little pressured because I stayed for the whole event to see who won.  I finished my story with plenty of time to spare, and was thrilled with the result.  

No comments:

Post a Comment